Saturday, August 1, 2009

Cost to Eat Clean in West LA, Part I

or should I say "how much does a poultry loving omnivore spend on food in a week?"

Nijiya Market West LA
3 fresh wild salmon filets - I tried the Spice World Fajita Seasoning. It is similar to the Mexican, which they've changed. It has ginger and worked well with garlic and coconut oil.
1 fresh black cod filet
organic green tea
Japanese cucumber (Mexico)
1 large lemon
organic green onion
total: $17.99

Whole Foods Brentwood
6 thighs Mary's Organic - easy favorite: pepper, butter, garlic
organic mild cheddar slices
Organic Valley pasture butter
Plain whole milk Voskos (2 servings)
Spicely chimichurri
Spicely carraway seeds - for sauerkraut
Organic Whole Foods spring mix
Jarrow Acidophilus
total: $46.15

Ralphs West LA
small Daisy sour cream - this week in a fit of frugality I kept my broccoli stalks all week, then grated them up with some pepper and sour cream - surprisingly tasty
3 pack Brita filters - water is a very important component of Every Meal is a Workout
total: $21.23, both on sale with Ralphs Club

I do this because it brings me joy and makes it easier for me to find joy.

No comments: