Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Magazine Review - Fitness RX for Women August 2009

I loved this magazine because it reported on current research and tried to structure diets and exercise programs around research. I let my subscription lapse because the magazine was reprinting so much of its content.

I picked up this month's issue because Jackie Warner was on the cover and she's a lot of fun, but the no-nonsense type. Well, it turns out that the article about her reused some of the content from their last article about her, which has to be less than six months old. Several of the blurbs on research were reprints again.

To be fair, they used some pictures and exercise descriptions from old workouts and reorganized them in a different way for a new butt workout. I didn't think that was a big deal, but overall I was disappointed and won't be buying the magazine again unless I flip through it and see new content.

On the other hand, their website is kinda cool.

No comments: