Monday, August 10, 2009

Changing it Up

Two literary works of art and one pair of jeans are influencing my thinking right now. My food diary and Dr. Gundry's Diet Evolution (full review coming) are giving me some interesting ideas, and my "skinny" jeans don't look just right.

Long story short: my food diary's telling me that I'm struggling with emotional/boredom eating lately, and it hasn't been cucumbers I'm overeating. It is cheese, yogurt, sour cream, and buttery baked chicken thighs.

Starting this morning, I am cutting my animal food portion in half and adding extra veggies. This is something like the second phase of Dr. Gundry's diet. I am fully stocked with salad, cucumbers, a lovely orange bell pepper, cabbage slaw, celery, sliced daikon and several bags of spinach.

OK, OK it has only been two meals so far. This morning I had only two eggs with onions, plenty of broccoli and salad. I was pleasantly hungry at the proper time for my 1/2 cup of yogurt with cinnamon.

I should save some money, too!

No comments: