Saturday, August 1, 2009

Eating Out Downtown LA - California Pita

Jury duty downtown, lunchtime, underground mall near the courthouse (201 N. Los Angeles St.). I scope out everything before I choose California Pita. There are people in line and people eating. I order the Greek Chicken Salad, no pita. I bought water elsewhere. The lettuce is crisp, green. The feta is OK, not too salty. The cucumber and tomato chunks are sub par, peeled cucumber is mushy and tasteless tomato is watery. Comes with two dressings, one of which has got to be a widely available food product called Mediterranean dressing, and the other is a "butter" garlic sauce. Ick. The hot salsa at the salsa bar was better and it improved the chicken, which was dry and tasted of nothing, but again not too salty. Overall I didn't get that horrible feeling of "brain poisoning" from eating this, a good sign. The salad was $8.77 with the dine in tax, a little too much.
Next time I will try the food court in the LA Cathedral.

No comments: