Sunday, July 26, 2009

Super Clean Cheesecake











This recipe started with one in New Rules of Lifting for Women (Schuler et al., 2007). I don't use protein powder or sweeteners, so I substituted organic unsweetened coconut flakes. I used organic whole milk dairy products, and I buttered the 9 inch porcelain pan. You can use a pie pan too.

Preheat oven to 375
2 cups ricotta cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
2 medium eggs
1/2 cup organic unsweetened coconut flakes
1 glug organic vanilla extract
juice and zest of lemon or lime

Put all ingredients in blender jar and blend very well. Bake for 20-30 minutes with a large flat pan of water on the second rack. Mine took 30 minutes. Let cool all the way on the countertop and then in the refrigerator before serving.

Organic frozen cherries or other fruit to make sauce, cooking them down with some cinnamon if you like. I'm going to do this with persimmons in the fall.

There was something in this recipe that made me go nuts and eat the whole thing! Yeah - it is the cheesecake's fault I ate it all. I did some research and the Organic Valley sour cream has corn starch. If I'm brave enough to make it again, I'll use Daisy brand sour cream, and I'll make sure I have someone else to feed the leftovers.

No comments: