Sunday, April 25, 2010

Daikon Cabbage Slaw with Black Caraway Seeds


Did very well with the cabbage last week (reduced appetite and an extra bit of fat loss), so I made a new one today. This was very heavy on daikon, a cheap Japanese radish. It is a cruciferous veggie, of the cabbage family, and a family you should sample every day (Brussels, kale, radish). I used regular cabbage this time.

I picked up black caraway seeds when there were no brown for my sauerkraut. I do not like the black seeds in the kraut. In the raw slaw they are fantastic.

The dressing was again based on Horizon sour cream and Bragg apple cider vinegar, this time with chili powder and fresh cracked long pepper.

I had it for lunch with a coconut crusted piece of yellowfin. Don't forget to season coconut heavily if you're using it as crust.

No comments: