Sunday, March 27, 2011

Indonesian Meatballs



I had another go at Charmaine Solomon's Rempah-Rempah (Indonesian meatballs), leaving out the coconut this time. I fried them in grapeseed oil and they came out subtle and tender.

3 parts ground beef
2 parts ground lamb
2 eggs
yellow onion
garlic
fresh grated ginger
black pepper
turmeric
cumin
ras el hanout

I beat the spices in with the eggs before mixing with the meat.


Since I had a lot to do this weekend, I tried not to spend too much time on my chicken. Sliced red onion and a fresh squeezed orange with some pepper made a lot of lovely juice, which I enjoy because I microwave the food with veggies for lunch at work.


Shot of beautiful flowering broccoli from the West LA farmers market. I'm eating even more vegetables than usual because I've gone completely off dairy.

No comments: