Monday, May 30, 2011

Stuffed cabbage with lamb and beef



There weren't enough large leaves to wrap two of the meatballs. I sliced some onions, garlic, and cabbage into the broth of water and canned chopped tomato. After bringing the sauce to a boil, simmer on low for about 45 minutes, basting about three times.

I had a hard time removing whole leaves from the cabbage after cutting off the base, so I'm going to try another method next time. I've read that you can freeze the head of cabbage or core and then immerse the entire head in boiling water to make it easier. I boiled the leaves for 5 minutes in salted water, then rinsed with cool water.



One pound of fatty grass fed grass finished beef plus one pound of lamb equals six meals for me. I seasoned with pepper, paprika and oregano, plenty of garlic and white onion.


No comments: